Science Education; Secondary Education
Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction – University of Wisconsin, Madison – 2002
Awards and Honors
- Inquiry Into Practice, National Science Foundation
- Collaborative Learning at the Interface of Mathematics and Biology (CLIMB), National Science Foundation
- Collaborative Classroom-Based Inquiry (CCBI), National Science Foundation
- Early Career Research Affiliate. the Center for Curriculum Materials in Science
Current Activities and Service
- Member. Science/Math Initiative task force, University of California System. 2005-present.
- Manuscript Review. Corwin Press. 2005.
- Freshmen Seminar Instructor, Fall 2003 & Fall 2004
- Senate Representative Assembly, SOE representative, Fall 2003-2005
- Junior Science and Humanities Symposium, Judge, Spring 2003, Fall 2003, Fall 2004
- California Math Science Teaching Steering Committee Member, Fall 2004-present
- UC Davis Cal Teach Steering Committee Member Spring 2005-present
- Reviewer. Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE). 2003.
- Conference Proposal Review. American Educational Research Association. 2002-present.
- Conference Proposal Review. National Association for Research in Science Teaching. 2002-present.
- Member. American Educational Research Association
- Member. National Association for Research in Science Teaching
- Member. National Science Teachers Association
- Member. Association for the Education of Teachers of Science