The UC Davis online graduate application for the 2018-19 academic year will open soon.
The Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 Application Process
The following is a list of the six (6) items you will need for a complete application package to the CANDEL program. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CONSIDER INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS. All items MUST be included to be considered “complete” and eligible for review.
A) Online Application
1. A Completed Online Application and application fee: When you first go to the application online, you will be asked to create an account, so you can save your information as you go along, and you can sign-out and log back in at your convenience. This will be the one and only application to complete.
Tip:Hang onto your login and password! Once an application decision has been made it will appear in your account.
2. Three Letters of Recommendation: Within the online application, you will be asked to provide email addresses for three (3) people to upload their letters of recommendation. Your recommenders will receive an email message from UC Davis with instructions on how to upload their letters.
Tip: We strongly recommend contacting your recommenders prior to submitting their email addresses to avoid the email notification going into spam filters, firewalls, etc.
3. Resume: This can be copied and pasted into the online application once you have reached this portion of the application.
Do not mail transcripts to CANDEL, we cannot accept them.
5. Current GRE Scores. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT. You will need to enter your scores on the application.
Scores five (5) years or older will not be accepted. If your scores are out of date, please make arrangements to retake the test.
The GRE measures reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills.
When you take your test, you will need to indicate the Institutional Code and Department Code for CANDEL:GRE Institutional Code No: 4834 Department Code: 3001
Tip: Register NOW for either test, and take it as soon as possible. Don’t wait to the last minute to complete this important step – scores often take a few weeks to arrive and can jeopardize your application review.
B) Document to be sent to the CANDEL Program
6. Statement of Employer Support: A short statement written by your employer on department letterhead clearly stating his/her support of your participation in CANDEL, and acknowledging your absence every 3rd Friday for the duration of the program.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or traditional mail One Shields Ave. CANDEL Attn: Rosa Rodriguez Davis, CA 95616
I have submitted my completed application – what’s next?
Once the application deadline has passed, the Admissions Committee will review the applications. They will determine which applicants will go on to the next phase — the interview. It can take up to four weeks before applicants are notified about the interview. After the interviews have taken place, the Admissions Committee will meet again and make their final decision. Again, this may take another three weeks before official word from the CANDEL Director and UC Davis Graduate Studies is sent to applicants.
You will receive your official decision letter in your online application account.
Please feel free to email the CANDEL Program office if you have any questions about the application process at email@example.com. Or if you have a specific question regarding your application, you may contact the CANDEL Associate Director: Rosaisela Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (530) 754-6664.
Interested in earning your doctorate in educational leadership? Learn more about how the CANDEL Ed.D. program can help you reach your professional goals by attending one of our upcoming information sessions.
The CANDEL program curriculum is constructed around four overarching and inter-related themes that are seen as integral to the academic and professional development of educational leaders: