Ph.D. Student, University of California,
Education with a School Organization and Educational Policy Emphasis
Degree Expected: June 2021
Master of Arts, San Jose State University
Mexican American Studies with an Education Emphasis
Degree Obtained: May 2016
Masters Project: Latina/o Student Retention and Attrition Rates: Listening to Those who Learn to Blame Themselves
Bachelor of Arts, University of California,
Major: Chicana/o Studies with a Social/Policy Studies Emphasis
Minor: Sociology with a Law and Society Emphasis
Degree Obtained: June 2014
Fellowships, Grants, Awards and Honors
- Protégé, Mentor Protégé Program. Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), Council of Ethnic Participation (CEP), 2019
- Academic Excellence Award. University of California, Davis (UC Davis), School of Education, 2019–2020
- Teaching Assistant Consultant Fellowship. UC Davis, Center for Educational Effectiveness, 2019–2020
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) 2018 Division G Travel Award, 2018–2019
- Graduate Students of Color Summer Research Award. UC Davis, Student Recruitment and Retention Center (SRRC), 2018–2019
- Graduate Program Travel Grant. UC Davis, Graduate Group in Education (GGE), 2017–2018
- Graduate Program Research Fellowship. UC Davis, GGE, 2017–2018
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholar and Award Recipient, 2017–2018
- Graduate Program Fellowship. UC Davis, GGE, 2017–2018
- First Year Fellowship. UC Davis, GGE, 2016–2017
- Graduate Program Travel Grant. UC Davis, GGE, 2016–2017
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholar and Award Recipient, 2016–2017
2017 – Present: Graduate Student Researcher, UC
Integrating Literacies Project
Conduct field observations; analyze and code data; assist with the organization of the research plan; collaborate on grant proposals
Principal Investigator: Kerry A. Enright, Ph.D.
2017 – 2019: Co-Investigator, UC Davis
Educational Trajectories of Latinx/Chicanx Students at UC Davis
Currently developing a research design to explore the experiences of Latinx/Chicanx undergraduate students on academic probation over the course of one year; exploring the literature on inclusivity within higher education classrooms.
Principal Investigator: Natalia Caporale, Ph.D.
2017 – 2019: Graduate Student Researcher, UC
Developed data sets on Hispanic Serving Institutions and Emerging Hispanic Serving Institutions; create literature reviews; assist with research proposals and research design; schedule and conduct interviews, transcribe interviews, present at conferences, collaborate on writing articles and manuscripts on students’ views on the purposes of higher education
Supervisor: Marcela Cuellar, Ph.D.
2017 – 2018: Graduate Student and Faculty Working Group,
When Women Speak: Narratives of Violence, Visibility and Corporeality Writing Group
Campus funded, interdisciplinary research group; discusses collaboration ideas and interesting research topics; serves as a support service for the members
2012 – 2014: Student Research Assistant, UC
Center for Transnational Health. Chicana/o Studies Department.
Assisted in facilitating workshops; established a high school/college students mentoring program; helped organize and host a college fair; transcribed interviews
2013: Focus Group Facilitator, UC Davis
Developing Education Strengths, Promoting Individual Responsible Teen Awareness (DESPIERTA) Project
Led focus group discussions in research site; drafted questions to guide discussions; transcribed data; assisted in health fair
Principal Investigator: Mary Lou de Leon Saintz, Ph.D.