This Catalyst is our final special edition commemorating the UC Davis School of Education’s tenth anniversary. Our tenth anniversary year was filled with celebration of the accomplishments our faculty, students, and alumni made during our first decade and a focus on the School’s vision for the future.
In this issue, we highlight our many accomplishments and provide a look at our strategic direction moving forward. Download the issue here.
Highlights from this issue:
- And Now for the Next Ten Years: The Dean Reflects on the School’s Strategic Direction, p.2
- New Alumni Association Launched, p. 4
- Associate Director of Teacher Education Barbara Goldman Retires, p.8
- Faculty News & Notes, pp. 10-20
- School’s Charter High School to Graduate First Class, p. 18
- Women in Agriculture Education, pp. 20-21
- Big Issues, Big Ideas: Our faculty reflect on the greatest challenges in public education and how the School is addressing them, pp. 22-26.
- Centers Update: Read about the work of our CRESS Center, EdForward, California Institute for School Improvement and the Center for Applied Policy in Education, pp. 27-42
- Alumni Sandi Redenbach and Ken Gelatt Honored with Charles J. Soderquist Award for their philanthropic and volunteer support of UC Davis and the School of Education, pp. 42-43
- The Power of 10: Celebrating the donors who have made the School’s special tenth anniversary initiative to raise student scholarships a huge success, pp. 44-46
- Honoring Educators Awards Ceremony: Meet the 2013 Honorees, pp. 52-53