Second language reading and literacy development; best practices for preparing preservice and inservice teachers to work with English learners; preservice teachers and the role of reflection in their growth as teachers; preservice teachers and pedagogy that furthers their thinking about issues of diversity; high school reform/restructuring.
Ph.D., Education: Language and Literacy – University of California, Davis – 2001
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Awards. 2002.
- Title VII Fellow. University of California, Davis. 1997-2000.
- Division of Education Fellowship. 1996-1997.
- Teacher Education Fellow. University of California, Davis. 1996-1997.
- Mentor Teacher. Porterville Public Schools. 1995-1996, 1989-1990.
- Bilingual Teacher of the Year Honoree and District Bilingual Teacher of the Year. California Association of Bilingual Education. 1991.
Current Activities and Service
- Undergraduate Program Instruction Review Committee. University of California, Davis. 2005.
- PACT Scoring Training or Trainers. Northern California. 2005.
- PACT Scoring Training, Outside scorers and CSUS faculty. 2005.
- PACT Benchmarking. 2006.