The Credential/Masters program is a Graduate Program that requires an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 for admission. GPAs are determined from the degree-granting university/college. A handful of exceptions to the GPA requirement are approved each year and are usually in hard to fill areas or for a student who possess an exceptional or unique background. The Dean of Graduate Studies makes the final decision regarding granting exceptions.
If your GPA is below the 3.0 requirement, we highly recommend that you request an evaluation before submitting your application.
To request an evaluation:
- Email unofficial transcripts from all institutions you attended to Student Services at email@example.com.
- If you are a UC Davis student, send us your UCD student ID number with the request to evaluate your GPA.
- Our office will evaluate your GPA and provide a recommendation in 5-10 business days.
- We will also provide guidance on what we are looking for in the three academic letters of recommendation that will be required as part of the application process. (Note: Letters of recommendation are only required/accepted if your GPA is below 3.0.)
- When completing the application you must have contact information (name and email) for your three academic references.
Each application for a GPA exception will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine the likelihood that you will be granted an exception by Graduate Studies.
Please contact the Student Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have on the GPA policy and to send in your evaluation request.