Graduate student at the School of Education at the University of California, Davis. Extensive academic background in education and psychology. Broad professional experience in Chilean public institutions related to education and assessment. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with children. Motivated, positive and flexible.
Ph.D. in Education, Emphasis in Learning and Mind
University of California, Davis, School of Education. Expected graduation date: September 2023.
M.A in Education, Emphasis on Measurement and
University of California, Davis, School of Education. June 2019.
M.A. in Educational Psychology
Universidad Católica de Chile, Faculty of Psychology. 2006.
Licentiate in Education and Elementary Education
Universidad Católica de Chile, Faculty of Education. 1999.
Relevant Professional Experience
Coordinator, Assessment Development, 2013 to
Educational Quality Agency, Chile
- Developed guidelines for the construction of assessment tools for the national assessment tests.
- Led the team in charge of the development of a new national test intended to measure reading skills of second grade students.
- Conducted workshops for administrators and principals.
Coordinator, Assessment Development, 2011 to
Universidad Católica de Chile. MIDE UC. Chile.
- Led the team in charge of developing Mathematics and Language tests for grades 1st to 12th.
Coordinator, Public Education Supervisor, 2010 to
District of Vitacura, Department of Education. Chile.
- Supervised schools belonging to the district.
- Supported and trained elementary school teachers from the district.
Language Arts team professional and leader 2002 to
Ministry of Education, Chile.
- Participated in the development of the National Reading Comprehension Test (Simce).
- Participated in the development of National Standards for reading comprehension.
- Supported teachers in the implementation of strategies to support the development of reading and writing skills for students from 1st to 8th grade.
Elementary School Teacher, 1999 to 2002
Public and private schools. Chile.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities for 1st and 4th grade students in an enthusiastic and kind atmosphere.
- Maintain constant communication with parents and caregivers.
Other Professional Experience
Research Assistant, UC Davis Global Affairs, Winter Quarter 2019–present
Teaching Assistant, UC Davis Department of Chicano Studies, Winter Quarter 2018–Fall Quarter 2019
Teaching Assistant, UC Davis School of Education, Fall Quarter 2017
Instructor, Universidad Andrés Bello School of Education, 2013–2016
Instructor, Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Education, First Semester 2013
Becas Chile, 2019
Awarded a Becas Chile scholarship by the Advanced Human Capital Program, of the Chilean National Commission of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) to study a Ph.D. in Education.
UC Davis School of Education, 2018
Awarded an MA Program Fellowship.
Becas Chile, 2016
Awarded a Becas Chile scholarship by the Advanced Human Capital Program, of the Chilean National Commission of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) to study an MA in Education.