Office hours: Wednesdays 3-5 or by appointment
Rick Pomeroy is the Director of the UC Davis Young Scholars Program.
In-service and preservice teacher learning; Interdisciplinary Instruction; Science Education; Secondary Education; Technology in Science; Technology in teaching and learning
Ph.D., Education: Curriculum Studies – University of California, Davis – 2000
Current Activities and Service
- President, California Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
- Chair, California Science Education Conference, Sacramento, 2010
- PACT Trainer of Trainers, 2006-present.
- Invited Panelist, Astronomical Society of Pacific Convention, Baltimore, MD. 2006.
- Past Regional Director and Board Member. Association of Science Teacher Educators (ASTE formerly (AETS). 2005-2008.
- Member. Planning Committee for CA Science Education Conference, California Science Teacher Association(CSTA), 2006, 2010.
- Member, ASTE Committee on Technology Enhancement in Science Teacher Education. 2006-Present.
- Co-Strand Coordinator. National Science Teachers Association, 2006 Convention, Anaheim, CA. 2006.
- Member. Pre Service Education Working Group for NASA (PSEWG). Science Directorate/Lunar Planetary Institute, Houston TX. 2005-present.
- Academic Federation Outstanding Award Committee Member, 2005-present.
- Presenter. PACT Conference, Santa Barbara, CA “The Alignment of Student Teacher Inquiry and the Pact.” 2006.
- Presenter. California Science Education Conference, Palm Springs, CA. “Mentoring Student Teachers.” 2005.
- Presenter. Association of Science Teacher Educators annual conference. Colorado Springs, CO. 2005.
- Presenter. Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators. Dallas, TX. 2005.
- Presenter. Association for the Education of Teachers of Science. Nashville, TN. 2004.
- Presenter. National Association for Research in Science Teaching annual meeting. Philadelphia, PA. 2003.
- PACT Development Team 2001-present.
- Panelist. California Instructional Materials Evaluation Panel (IMEP).
- Member. Curriculum Advisory Council.
- Member. Science Curriculum Standards Committee.
- Member. Budget Advisory Council.
- Chairman. Science Department.
- Chairman. WASC.
- Member. Project Pipeline Steering Committee.
- Director, UC Davis Young Scholars Program 1991-present.
- Coordinator. District Science Facilitator. 1987-1991.
- Special Projects Community High School.