Currently we are unable to host in-person Information Sessions as we work remotely through January, but we are hosting remote sessions this fall! Please see the dates below!
We hope to schedule in-person sessions sometime this academic year, depending on the State’s health guidance regarding COVID-19.
During this time you have the following options to learn about our program:
Attend (no RSVP required) one of our online drop in group advising hours with staff:
- Sessions will be held each Tuesday from 2:00-3:00 pm
- Online link: https://zoom.us/j/94622210482
- If you are interested in joining an online Information Session, please complete our Interest Form or see our schedule below for faculty-led remote sessions being offered during the Fall 2020 quarter and send us your rsvp:
Saturday, October 17, 2020 10:00am: Multiple Subject (k-6th grade)
Saturday, October 17, 2020 10:00am: Single Subject (7-12th grade)
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 5:30pm: Multiple Subject
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 5:30pm: Single Subject
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 6:30pm: Single Subject
Thursday, December 3, 2020 6:30pm: Multiple Subject
For specific Multiple or Single Subject remote Zoom sessions we ask that you send an RSVP to email@example.com so we may provide the Zoom link and materials to you. Thank you!
A great way to learn more about the UC Davis Teacher Credential/M.A. program is by attending a Credential Information Session. Sessions are typically held from August to June.
During our information sessions we will discuss the following topics:
Credential & Masters Program
- What the UC Davis Teacher Education values and how our program incorporates these values
- Why you should consider the UC Davis program
- How Student Teaching works
- When the year starts and when you will earn your credential
- The benefits of completing your Masters degree and how our program allows you to earn your teaching credential and Masters of Arts in Education in less than two years
Prerequisites and Testing Information
- How to meet the requirements
- Which prerequisites to prioritize
- What tests to take and when
- When are the deadlines to apply
- How to have a class reviewed to see if it is equivalent
- How to have your G.P.A. evaluated
- What to do if prerequisites can’t be met by application deadline
Attend a session!
To reserve your space or request more information about the a session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Although an RSVP is not required it is strongly encouraged as the info session date, time, or location can change. For this reason, please check back on the website the morning of an information session to confirm. If you have submitted an RSVP we will notify you of any changes.
Unless otherwise noted all sessions are held in the School of Education Building Room 174.
Plan to park in Parking Lot 5 for the sessions (map is available under related links). On-campus parking costs $10 per week day visit. Parking is free on Saturday. For more information on parking please visit the UC Davis Transportation Services website at: http://taps.ucdavis.edu.