A great way to learn more about the UC Davis Teacher Credential/M.A. program is by attending a Credential Information Session. Sessions are typically conducted August to June. Plan to park in Parking Lot 5 for Information Sessions (map is available under related links)! On-campus parking costs $10.00 per week day. Saturday it is FREE! For more information please visit the UC Davis Transportation Services website at http://taps.ucdavis.edu
If you are out of the area, visit our calendar (select Outreach and Recruitment) to find out if we will be at a location near you https://education.ucdavis.edu/calendar.
Upcoming Info Sessions for Teaching Credential:
All in-person Information Sessions have been cancelled due to the Governor’s Shelter-in Place order. We may offer online sessions starting in late April or early May. If you are interested in joining an online session, please complete our Interest Form.
During our information sessions we will discuss the following topics:
Credential & Masters Program
- What the UC Davis Teacher Education values and how our program incorporates these values
- Why you should consider the UC Davis program
- How Student Teaching works
- When the year starts and when you will earn your credential
- The benefits of completing your Masters degree and how our program allows you to earn your teaching credential and Masters of Arts in Education in less than two years
Prerequisites and Testing Information
- How to meet the requirements
- Which prerequisites to prioritize
- What tests to take and when
- When are the deadlines to apply
- How to have a class reviewed to see if it is equivalent
- How to have your G.P.A. evaluated
- What to do if prerequisites can’t be met by application deadline
Attend a session!
To reserve your space or request more information about the a session, please email email@example.com. Although an RSVP is not required, the info session date, time, or location can change. For this reason, please check back on the website the morning of an information session to confirm. If you have submitted an RSVP we will notify you of any changes.
Unless otherwise noted all sessions are held in the School of Education Building Room 174.