Beginning in 1922, a teacher
education program at Davis in the fields of agricultural
education and home economics was administered jointly by the
Berkeley campus and the University Farm. In 1932 Davis began
offering the Special Secondary Credential in Vocational
Education. When World War II brought a serious shortage of
vocational agricultural teachers, the university began early
placement of credential candidates in full-time school positions.